Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Heart Providence.

Well here I am back on the road with Les Mis!




I would be lying if I said it was easier to leave my husband this time around. It's not so much the time apart as it is the potential for something terrible to happen with me not being there. I will not be back in Boise until July, 2012. I really think it's the most counter intuitive thing to voluntarily walk away from the person you love more than anybody on this Earth for any long period of time. A week before my departure, I didn't think I was going to be able to do it! Thankfully, my better half called me a ding dong and reassured me that he would be fine. 




The plane ride (Boise -> Chicago -> Providence) was rough as I have four instruments to lug around and two 40lb suitcases, but once I got into the city, I fell in love. This place is absolutely lovely. We are in a Marriott downtown about 7 blocks from the theater, which is fabulous as well. Johnson and Wales culinary institute is right down the street, so the food choices here are pretty amazing. My bestie/MOH Christina's parents will be the first of my family to see the show, so I am really excited for them to see it. Here are some pictures so far!:


Occupy Providence

View from my hotel room. Hello shopping mall!

View of theater from my seat in the pit

I want to go a UTI degree!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're having a good time on tour so far!! I can't wait to see you when you guys come to NC!!!!! I'm counting on you to scope out the US for me so I can pick where to go as soon as my last year is up for Teaching Fellows! :)

    ReplyDelete