Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful...in Dayton?

I don't know how normal people behave, but if I try to feign happiness when I'm actually miserable, I tend to have a breakdown within 72 hours. For me, the term "staying positive" doesn't always work! I can be happy with what I have in my life and be aware that I am blessed, but sometimes you just have to say "this f*ing sucks". However, the hardest part for me is getting back on the train once I admit this. I'd much rather just pull the covers over my head and go back to sleep until I'm in the next city...alas, that's not how life works.

As upsetting as being in Dayton is during Thanksgiving while my husband is 1,900 miles away, I have so much to be thankful for. I got married this year to my best friend and love of my life, I got a job that is in my career path, I get to travel the country, I have amazing friends (new and old!) and I feel myself getting stronger and more confident in myself every day. These are the things I need to focus on when I get dropped in a crappy city or when I start to doubt myself. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment